One day course
1 day In-house course - Course Fee: $8,500 including GST for up to 15 participants
In this 1 day intensive course, participants will learn the essentials of specification writing that they need to get up and running. To supplement the presented material, the course contains a variety of individual and group exercises which reinforce the learning material.
Delegates will learn
- The purpose of requirements specifications and why they are so important
- The characteristics of a high quality requirements specification
- How to achieve a high quality requirements specification
- How the project and organisational contexts need to be considered
- How to plan a requirements development process
- An effective process for developing requirements specifications
- Effective ways to write requirements and how to avoid common mistakes
Course Fees include:
- 1 day training session
- Comprehensive course notes
- Certificate of participation
The presenter and course developer for the 1 day specification writing best practice course is Michael Addis (BE(Mech), MBA (Tgy Mgt), CPEng), principal consultant with Codarra Advanced Systems.
Michael has spent the majority of his 13 years at Codarra developing specifications for a variety of clients, writing specifications ranging from fleets of vehicle modules, to aviation refuelling tankers, combat backpacks and helmets, and integration of battle management system and radios into armoured fighting vehicles. Prior to joining Codarra, Michael worked in manufacturing industries as a project engineer and project manager, where he wrote specifications for production equipment and machine modifications.
The 1 day specification writing best practice course draws on Michael’s extensive practical experience in requirements engineering as well as research into best practices for developing and managing requirements from the systems engineering methodology and other disciplines.
Recently Michael trained approximately 100 staff across 3 sites for a major Queensland power generation company. The requirements course material was extensively customised for this customer to maximise the learning experience for staff ranging from technical assistants, procurement personnel, engineers, project managers and legal counsel.