Three Day Course
3 day In-house course - Course Fee: $25,000 including GST for up to 15 participants
In this 3 day course, a major practical exercise is integrated into the presentation material. As participants learn new material, they immediately apply that material in the practical component, using a project scenario. Different project scenarios can be used for different organisations.
Delegates will learn
- The purpose of requirements specifications and why they are so important
- The characteristics of a high quality requirements specification
- How to achieve a high quality requirements specification
- How the project and organisational contexts need to be considered
- How function modelling can generate and validate requirements
- How to plan a requirements development process
- An effective process for developing requirements specifications
- Effective ways to write requirements and how to avoid common mistakes
- Requirements management techniques
Course Fees include:
- 3 day training session
- Integrated practical workshop
- Comprehensive course notes
- 1 hour multiple choice assessment
- Certificate of participation and completion
The presenter and course developer for the 3 day requirements engineering course is Michael Addis (BE(Mech), MBA (Tgy Mgt), CPEng), principal consultant with Codarra Advanced Systems.
Michael has spent the majority of his 13 years at Codarra developing specifications for a variety of clients, writing specifications ranging from fleets of vehicle modules, to aviation refuelling tankers, combat backpacks and helmets, and integration of battle management system and radios into armoured fighting vehicles. Prior to joining Codarra, Michael worked in manufacturing industries as a project engineer and project manager, where he wrote specifications for production equipment and machine modifications.
The 3 day requirements engineering course draws on Michael’s extensive practical experience in requirements engineering as well as research into best practices for developing and managing requirements from the systems engineering methodology and other disciplines.
Recently Michael trained approximately 100 staff across 3 sites for a major Queensland power generation company. The requirements course material was extensively customised for this customer to maximise the learning experience for staff ranging from technical assistants, procurement personnel, engineers, project managers and legal counsel.